On January 27, 2021, WebRTC.ventures produced our 50th episode of WebRTC Live. Arin’s guest was Tsahi Levent-Levi to discuss what’s next in WebRTC development in 2021. Tsahi is a leading authority in our community, keeping us up to speed on the world of communications, WebRTC, and CPaaS. He blogs at bloggeek.me.
The topic was timely as just the day prior, The Internet Engineering Task Force and The World Wide Web Consortium announced that Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) is now an official standard. This was, of course, the first topic of discussion.
Other topics included:
- The availability of AV1 in Chrome Canary
- The movement in WebRTC application projects from demos and start-ups to production-ready applications
- The shift from getting it flashy (augmented reality, etc.) to getting it right (making sure the application actually works!)
- A change in the necessary scale for WebRTC applications — more speakers, more viewers
- Remote work and remote social interactions as the new norm
- A greater need for privacy in terms of background noise and location (background replacement)
- End-to-end encryption
Join us for WebRTC Live Episode 51 on Wednesday, February 17
NV – The Next Version of the WebRTC standard, with Bernard Aboba.
Do you have a topic that you would like to see discussed on WebRTC Live? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss an episode of WebRTC Live, our webinar series hosted by WebRTC.ventures Founder and CEO, Arin Sime. We feature the latest use cases and technical updates to this increasingly popular coding standard for live video. Watch past episodes on our WebRTC Live page, our YouTube channel, and on our blog. Better yet, use the form in the right sidebar to join our mailing list and be among the first to know about upcoming episodes and the latest news in WebRTC!