Hiring is a multifaceted challenge for both employers and job seekers. Navigating the intricacies of candidate evaluation adds an unwieldy layer of complexity to the hiring process. To make the hiring process more efficient–and more pleasant–for all parties, we built an AI-powered “recruitment bot” using Amazon Lex and Open AI (ChatGPT 3.5).
Today, we will review the benefits of implementing recruitment bots in the hiring process, and build and demo one powered by Amazon Lex. Amazon Lex is AWS’s fully managed AI service with advanced natural language models to design, build, test, and deploy conversational interfaces in applications.
Benefits of Recruitment Bots
- Reduced time-to-hire. Hiring can be disruptive and expensive. Shortening the cycle without compromising the quality of candidates is in everyone’s best interest.
- Improved candidate experience. A clear, streamlined process keeps applicants and stakeholders informed along the way and shows candidates that you value their time and effort.
- Less bias in hiring. Data-driven insights can help reduce or eliminate unconscious hiring biases, creating a fair and consistent process for each candidate.
- Improved performance. Outsourcing repetitive or data-heavy tasks to recruiting AI tools frees up hiring teams to focus their time and talent on aspects of the process that require a human touch.
- Cost Savings: By automating repetitive tasks, AI can help reduce the need for manual labor and minimize hiring costs associated with the recruitment process.
- Scalability: AI-powered tools can handle large volumes of applicants efficiently, making it easier for companies to scale their recruitment efforts as needed.
Our Recruitment Bot’s Flow
Our recruitment bot is embedded in a fictional HR portal called “HiredRTC”. When a candidate clicks on the Apply button for a job, our bot takes some basic information from the candidate and then asks a complex technical question based on that specific role. It completes the application process by submitting the applicant’s information and answer to the question to the HR department for review.
Tech Stack and Build
- Amazon Lex – AWS’s fully managed AI service with advanced natural language models to design, build, test, and deploy conversational interfaces in applications.
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Securely manage identities and access to AWS services and resources
- AWS Lambda – Run code without thinking about servers or clusters
- Open AI’s ChatGPT – A generative AI tool that lets users enter prompts to receive humanlike images, text or videos that are created by AI.
- Kommunicate – A generative AI-powered automation platform
- NextJS – A full-stack React framework
- Material UI – Intuitive React UI tools
We used Next.js as a client application for the job applicants and HR department. To make the bot converse intelligently with users, we used Amazon Lex and designed our conversations to collect data from the job applicants.
In order to add the extended functionality to the bot, we used AWS Lambda code hook invocations. Based on the requirements and job role, it also fetches technical questions and displays them to the job applicants.
We receive events from the Amazon Lex bot, sharing the details of the current user context. Based on that, we can send different prompts to the Open AI (GPT 3.5) model such as to fetch a technical question related to the software developer position.
We then send these prompts to the Amazon Lex bot as a response from the lambda code hook.
Here’s how the structure of an Amazon Lex event looks:
// Next Possible State of the Bot
// Current Session State With User Inputs
From here, we installed the chatbot widget package on our frontend, and that’s it! We have a highly powerful bot ready to start interaction with different users.
High Level Architecture
Time for a Demo!
Enhance Hiring Efficiency with AI-powered Recruitment Bots
The integration of an AI-powered bot into the hiring process marks a significant leap towards simplifying and streamlining recruitment for both employers and job seekers.
The benefits are far-reaching, from reduced time-to-hire and improved candidate experience to less bias in hiring and substantial cost savings. And the scalability of AI-powered bot allows companies to handle large applicant volumes with ease.
The recruitment bot represents a transformative solution, automating repetitive tasks and empowering hiring teams to focus on the aspects of the process that demand a human touch. Many other tasks in the hiring process, or other business processes, can be automated in a similar fashion.
If you’re looking to leverage AI-enabled workflows like these to transform your communication application, WebRTC.ventures has the expertise you need! Contact us today to learn more. Let’s Make it Live!