PlatformQ is a leading provider of digital engagement solutions in healthcare and education.
PlatformQ had been using a third party tool for their video streaming. We helped them bring it in house by building them a proprietary platform called PQCast.
PQCast is used to produce and host live, simulated live, and on-demand videos and events for PlatformQ Health, which provides digital education for patients and clinicians, and PlatformQ Education, used by hundreds of colleges and universities to connect with students at every stage of the recruitment process.
PQCast enables greater flexibility for video content production, as well as interactive features designed to enhance the presenter experience and audience engagement, including:
- Social Streaming
- Screen sharing and PowerPoint presentation upload capabilities
- Automated closed caption generation with on-demand editing capabilities
- Social Streaming
- Encoder feed capabilities: RTMP-enabled software (i.e. Zoom and Video encoding devices (like Wirecast, OBS and Black Magic)
- Optional live studio support with a PQE representative
- Interactive features such as live Q&A management, polling opportunities with real-time visuals, overlay videos, multiple video feed layout options, pre-set studio backgrounds, and more!
Large scale broadcasting (1000s of viewers)
Live audio/video conferencing
Integration with Machine Learning/AI services
Store recordings in the cloud
Integration with existing solutions
Vonage Video API/TokBox is used to facilitate WebRTC conference calls in the web studio. The live broadcast feature from Vonage is used to capture the WebRTC conference call and provide a stream that is fed into the PQCast backend infrastructure.
The PQCast backend infrastructure is a combination of various AWS Services that ingests the streams from Vonage and provides an output for live streaming/VOD.
The application frontend uses Nuxt.js to integrate with Vonage. Video.js provides the conference call functionality and the ability to play live broadcasts and VOD, respectively.
Node.js with Apollo GraphQL and Hapi.js is used in the application backend to provide authentication and all other application functionality.
The AWS infrastructure for the frontend and backend applications is maintained using Terraform.
Type of Application:
How We Helped:
We built PQCast, PlatformQ’s proprietary webcasting product. PQCast is used to produce and host live, simulated live, and on-demand videos and events for a variety of industries