Ruby on Rails Developer
WebRTC.Ventures is looking to hire an exceptional software developer to our team. Full time. Telecommuting. We ‘re looking for someone who values diversity in its challenges daily and someone who is comfortable programming and talking to others about their code. We are looking for someone bright with a proven track record in developing high quality software, easy to use beautiful applications.
Position Summary: The Software Developer is responsible for architecting, developing and scaling the back end of Ruby on Rails production applications. This is a full time position.
- Make daily standups and use Github.
- Follow Agile/Scrum methodology. We believe strongly in agile delivery practices, having implemented them for ourselves and our clients for a long time.
- Build applications on top of cloud providers like Heroku and AWS.
- Develop back end software using Ruby on Rails.
- Test, test and test back end Ruby on Rails software.
- Containerize applications using Docker.
- Collaborate with the development team to deliver premier enterprise ready solutions using industry standard continuous integration tools and practices. Circle CI experience is a plus.
- Linux PC or Mac with fast and stable connection to the Internet.
- Account Skype and Google Hangouts, headphone and microphone for everyday communication.
- Availability via audio / chat / videochat entire workday following Eastern US time zone.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills in English. A must!
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in building large scale applications.
- Passionate about thorough test coverage. Familiarity with Minitest framework is a plus.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools.
- Comfortable with SQL databases. Postgres SQL is a plus.
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Focused on self-improvement.
- Experience working remotely from home, Eastern US time zone
- Excel in environments with priorities, deadlines and changing demands through analytical and problem-solving. Autonomous.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Thirst for learning techniques and agile processes like Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration … and more.
WebRTC.ventures is a distributed software development boutique founded as AgilityFeat Inc. in 2010 in the United States. Our team of more than 50 developers, designers, and project leads have been building development expertise since that time. Working remotely from all around North and South America, our reputation as leaders in WebRTC system integration and custom development is shown by our regular conference presentations and blog posts on WebRTC topics.
WebRTC.ventures specializes in custom real-time applications for web and mobile devices. We have built WebRTC based broadcast applications with thousands of live viewers, and real-time data systems that support thousands of data streams exchanged.
How to Apply
Send your CV and example projects to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please! We have contracts available immediately for the right candidates.